Using a representative subset of 2,000 respondents from Vividata’s highly regarded Survey of the Canadian Consumer, the Trust in News survey was conducted in April 2018. These respondents completed a specially designed 15-minute survey that was statistically linked to the Survey of the Canadian Consumer providing the full suite of variables for extended analysis.
What’s In The Report?
- Frequency of Catching up on News
- Interest in Types of News
Attitudes Toward News
- Awareness and Meaning of ‘Fake News’
- Perception of Modern Journalism
- Sensitivity to ‘Fake News’
- Coverage of Politics
- Effective Ways to Tackle ‘Fake News’
- Types of News Sources Used
- Ratings of News Sources on a Variety of Statements
- Usage of Social Media for News
- Reasons for Accessing News on Social Media