Vivintel’s annual Canadian Cannabis Study provides understanding on medicinal and recreational cannabis consumers and their relationship with cannabis. This study will allow brands, media companies and advertising agencies to gain key insights into how Canadians consume and feel about cannabis, their potential consumption in the future, their relationship with brands that introduce cannabis products, and much more.
For more information on the inaugural Cannabis study, click here.
2019 Study Methodology
Nationally representative surveying was done during March, 2019. This resulted in a total of just over 5,000 respondents (composed of cannabis users and nonusers). The Canadian Cannabis Study: Post-legalization Usage and Opinions data were then integrated to Vividata’s Study of the Canadian Consumer (Spring 2019).
- First usage post legalization
- Recency and frequency of consumption
- What prompted remedy/treatment/therapy usage
- Current method of consumption and interest in other forms
Motivation To Consume
- Influence mood
- Heighten senses
- Creativity and concentration
How Obtained For Self
- Sources use to obtain cannabis
- Types purchased
- Amount spent and purchase frequency by type
- Factors influencing purchase
Opinions on Cannabis
- Support or oppose legalization
- Opinions on advertising, health benefits and infused products
- Perception and effects on usage of brands launching cannabis products
- Social acceptability and awareness
Effects of Consumption
- Effectiveness of cannabis vs. modern medicine/treatment
- Effects of cannabis on use of other medications
- Effects of cannabis on other product usage
- Likelihood to consume cannabis among non-users
- Reasons for not consuming in the past
- Preferred method of consumption
- Motivation to consume
How will the data be available?
The following products are available for purchase:
- PDF reports
- Software access to a database that links the Canadian Cannabis Study to the larger Vividata Canadian Consumer Study
Want more details?
Please contact Tosha Kirk, Vice President of Client Services:
416.961.3205 Ext. 305
Ready to dig into the data?
Our reports will help you dig deeper into the consumers of your brand, and paint a vivid picture of the Canadian Consumer. Contact us today, to learn more about membership and purchasing our studies.